Terms of Stay
We are open and all guests are welcome at Green, Orange, and Red Traffic Lights under the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Please refer below to 'COVID-19 Cancellations and Alterations' about our cancellation policy.
Under all Traffic Lights, you can travel around New Zealand and stay in accommodation. Hanmer Holiday Homes will be open to all guests and there will be no limits. We will be taking extra precautions to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to reduce the impact of COVID-19 and to provide a healthy and safe environment. All guests are required maintain a safe physical distance from people you don't know when out and about.
If you have cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and get a test.
Please refer to the official COVID-19 Government website for what is required under Red, Orange, and Green Traffic Lights
COVID-19 Cancellations and Alterations
If you wish to cancel or make any changes to your booking due to COVID-19, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the following scenarios will apply to your request for a refund or alteration:
- If you wish to cancel your booking due to COVID-19 24 hours or more prior to your arrival date you can choose between Parking your booking for use at the same property at a later date (at no charge) or receive a full refund (less the original $25.00 non-refundable booking fee and any credit card payment fee).
- If you wish to cancel your booking due to COVID-19 within 24 hours prior to arrival you can Park your booking for use at the same property at some time in the future. A refund will not be made to you unless someone else books the property for your dates.
Booking Process and Payment
When you make a booking request through our website, during normal business hours, our Hanmer Holiday Homes staff will work chronologically through each booking request. The staff will screen each booking for suitability and availability and only process the booking once they are satisfied these criteria have been met. Acceptance will be at Hanmer Holiday Homes sole discretion.
If you provide credit card details your required deposit (50% of rent plus a $25 non-refundable administration fee as outlined below) will be deducted at the time of submitting the booking. If you elect to pay by other means an email will be sent providing details of how you can make your payment. Please note that confirmation of your booking will only be sent upon approval of the booking and receipt of deposit or full payment.
Should your booking request be rejected due to unavailability or other reasons you will be advised. Refunds will be made within 3 to 5 working days.
If you are booking within a short time frame (particularly within 24 hours of intended arrival) we strongly recommend you contact the office directly on (03) 315 7336 during office hours to check on the validity of your booking before proceeding on your journey.
If the booking is made 21 days or more prior to your arrival date, a deposit of 50% of the tariff for the booking plus the $25 booking fee is required to secure your booking. This must be paid within 7 days of submitting your booking request.
Should the booking be for one night only then payment in full is required. This includes a $25 booking fee, daily damages insurance, and a $20 surcharge which is applicable to one-night bookings made for weekends, public and/or school holiday periods. Many homes will not permit a one night booking.
If the booking is made within 21 days of the expected arrival date, and you are paying by direct deposit, then the full amount of the booking will be required within 48 hours of the booking being approved. This includes the $25 booking fee and daily damages insurance.
If the booking is made within 72 hours of arrival the full amount must be paid immediately. If paying by Direct Credit a screen shot of your payment must be emailed to email@example.com as soon as payment is made. To pay by credit card call 03 315 7336 – 7 days a week between 9:30am and 5pm. A 2.5% surcharge will apply.
The booking fee is non-refundable and is in addition to the nightly tariff quoted for each home. It is charged only once for each booking.
You may pay your deposit by direct deposit, or by credit card using Visa or Mastercard. A surcharge of 2.5% will be applied to all credit card transactions. If you provide credit card details during the booking process your required payment (either deposit or full amount) will be charged to your card at the time of submitting the booking. We do not retain any credit card information. If you elect to pay by direct deposit, an email will be sent to you providing details of how you can make your deposit payment.
There may also be a minimum number of nights permitted to be booked for events, long weekends, statutory or school holidays. Please enquire if necessary.
Hanmer Holiday Homes reserves the right to cancel the booking and rebook the home, should the deposit or full payment not be paid on time. Should you require extra time, or wish to cancel the booking, please contact us immediately.
A booking confirmation will be forwarded to you upon confirmation of availability, approval of the booking, and receipt of payment.
Please settle any outstanding balance on your booking 21 days prior to arrival by either direct deposit or by credit card using Visa or Mastercard. Please note a surcharge of 2.5% will be applied to all credit card transactions.
In the event of an account not being paid when due, for either accommodation, sundry hire or other possible charges we reserve the right to invoice the tenant and if necessary, refer the account to a debt collection agency or the Disputes Tribunal of New Zealand, and add all costs of collection or recovery to that account.
As Hanmer Holiday Homes acts as an agent for the home's owners, GST is not payable on rent. GST is included in the booking fee and any additional services purchased such as linen hire and cleaning.
What to Bring and Additional Services
What to Bring
All Hanmer Holiday Homes are fully furnished. Please check on the property listing and photographs displayed on our website to see a full list of contents. Other features and amenities are also shown on the property listing.
Duvets and pillows are provided for the beds and often extra blankets are supplied as well. Please note that if you are hiring a portacot from Hanmer Holiday Homes, cot bedding is not included.
Cooking utensils etc. are provided, however we recommend if you have a specialised piece of cooking equipment you require then bring this with you.
Two tea towels and a dishcloth are supplied.
Cleaning products and rags, dish washing liquid and dishwasher tablets are supplied.
Homes with log fires have wood provided.
The tenant is required to bring their own (unless otherwise agreed or included in the nightly rate as indicated on the property listing):
- Sheets and pillowcases for the beds and any extra blankets you may feel necessary - please do not sleep on the beds without sheets
- Food and beverages, including coffee, tea, sugar, milk, salt and pepper, herbs etc
- Personal hygiene products including soap, shampoo, hairdryers etc
- Laundry powder
- Toilet paper (a small amount is provided to assist)
- A BBQ Gas bottle should you choose not to use our hire service
Linen and Additional Services
If you choose not to bring your own, linen and other additional extras are available if required at the rates below. Please note that Hanmer Holiday Homes cannot guarantee availability of linen or additional extras if requested inside 7 working days from the date of your arrival.
- King sheet sets - $20.00
- Queen sheet sets - $17.00
- Single sheet sets - $14.00
- Bath towels - $4.00
- Hand towels - $3.00
- Face cloths - $2.00
- Tea, coffee, sugar - $1.50
- Milk 1L - $4.95
- Portacot hire - $10.00 per night
- Highchair hire - $10.00 per night
- Bedmaking - $6.00 per bed
- Cleaning service – price will be stated on each property listing on Hanmer Holiday Homes website
- Barbeque Gas Bottle hire - $7.00 per night
Any home listed with a BBQ will not have a gas bottle provided. You will need to bring your own or hire one from Hanmer Holiday Homes for $7.00 per night. This will need to be picked up and returned to the Hanmer Holiday Homes office by the tenant during office hours. Any BBQ used by a tenant is required to be cleaned properly prior to departure. BBQs are inspected after every tenant and if you fail to clean the BBQ after using it, you will be charged a $30 cleaning fee.
Hanmer Holiday Homes has a unique Tenant Insurance Scheme that is provided within your booking. This means that accidental damage to the home, up to the value of $2,000, is covered with no excess. This costs $5.00 per night and is up to a maximum of $20. Please report any damage that you notice on your arrival, or any accident that you have during your stay, and we will endeavour to fix or replace the item immediately.
Any damage caused intentionally is not covered by Tenant Insurance and Hanmer Holiday Homes will seek reimbursement of all costs relating to repair or replacement.
Check-in and Check-out Information
Check-in and Property Access
When planning your trip please take note that the check in time is any time after 3pm. To maintain a safe, contactless, service we ask that you please go directly to your booked holiday home when you arrive in Hanmer Springs. Further information on how to gain access to the property will be provided by text (SMS) and email (to the contact details provided in your booking) shortly before 3:00pm on the day of your arrival.
Early check-in may only be possible at the discretion of Hanmer Holiday Homes and will incur a fee of $20.00/hour. Should you wish to have an early check-in, please book it in advance.
Check-out Times and Process
Standard check-out time is 11:00am, but if you have purchased the cleaning service, we require that you check-out by 10:00am. You will be contacted by text (SMS) on the morning of your check-out to help with further information on the check-out process. Don't forget to secure the property and lock up before departing.
Late check-out may only be possible at the discretion of Hanmer Holiday Homes and will incur a fee of $20.00/hour. Should you wish to have a late check-out, please book it in advance.
Unless stated otherwise the price quoted does not include cleaning by Hanmer Holiday Homes - the tenant must clean the property prior to departure and leave it in the same condition in which it was found for the next tenant. Cleaning products and equipment are supplied. We will inspect the home after your departure and reserve the right to charge you for a clean if this is not done to our satisfaction.
If you feel that you would be unable to clean the home or have no desire to be cleaning on your holiday, please advise us at the time of booking or at least 7 days prior to your departure date and we will arrange to have it cleaned for you for an extra fee. Prices for this service are listed on the information page for each home. Please note that you will need to check-out by 10:00am if you require our cleaning service. All we ask is that you leave it nice and tidy, and the rest is taken care of. Please leave rubbish and recycling in the outdoor bins provided, wash any used dishes, or put them in the dishwasher and leave the dishwasher running, and return any furniture you may have moved during your stay.
Homes that supply BBQs must be cleaned by the tenants after use, otherwise a $30.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
General Cancellations and Alterations
General Cancellations and Alterations
Please refer to the COVID-19 Cancellations and Alterations Policy above for all COVID-19 related cancellations and alterations.
If you wish to cancel or make any changes to your booking, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all cancellations and significant alterations to bookings under this policy may incur a $20.00 processing fee.
One of the following scenarios will apply to your request for refund or alteration:
- If you wish to cancel your booking for any reason 21 days or more prior to arrival date you will receive a refund of the deposit made, less the original $25.00 non-refundable booking fee and any credit card payment fee included in the deposit.
- If you wish to cancel within 21 days of arrival date, your deposit will not be refunded, and you will be liable for payment of the full period of time originally booked unless the same home is able to be re-let for the same period. The $20.00 processing fee will apply. Should the home be re-let for that period or a portion thereof, the rent for that period, or portion, will be credited to you.
- Should you choose to shorten the length of your stay within 21 days of your arrival date, you will still be liable for the full period originally booked. Please choose your dates carefully.
- Transferring a confirmed booking from one home to another or changing your dates will not incur the processing fee as long as it is requested outside the 21-day period. Please select your home carefully. Please note transferring a booking is only permitted 21 days or more prior to the arrival date, this is otherwise deemed to be a cancellation for the original home.
- Rather than cancel a booking you may choose to "Park" it until you can confirm new dates. There is no fee for doing this however conditions do apply. Please request this in writing to email@example.com and our staff will reply explaining the process.
Any issues relating to a completed tenancy must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the conclusion of your tenancy.
The refund policy for cancellations due to extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, fire, pandemics, or other events outside of either the tenant or Hanmer Holiday Homes control will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and posted on our website as soon as possible.
Online Travel Agents (OTA's)
If you placed your booking with us via Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia or any other OTA and you want to cancel or amend your booking you need to communicate directly with the company that you made your booking with. They will be able to help you as Hanmer Holiday Homes is not permitted to make changes to an OTA booking.
Should a property become unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances including the sale of the property, long-term letting, rendered uninhabitable or other events outside Hanmer Holiday Homes control, we will endeavour to book you into an equivalent home. However, Hanmer Holiday Homes takes no responsibility if this is not possible. Any existing deposit may be either put towards a new booking or refunded (no processing fee is applied).
Other Rules to Respect the Home
Other Rules to 'Respect the Home'
In addition to anything else stated in these Terms of Stay and without limiting Hanmer Holiday Homes rights, a breach of the following rules could result in possible eviction from the property and/or a fee being charged per occurrence:
- Noise - we have a zero-tolerance policy in regard to noise. Noisy parties or gatherings are not permitted. 21st birthday parties, Hen and Stag nights are not permitted. We ask that you respect the neighbours. If a noise or disturbance complaint is received a $100 call out fee may be charged, and the tenant risks being evicted from the property.
- Gatherings - large gatherings for birthdays, weddings, conferences, or similar such activities must first be approved by Hanmer Holiday Homes management, where the number of people in attendance at any one time exceeds the stated number the house sleeps.
- Pitching tents and using campervans to sleep in or plug into power is not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all Hanmer Holiday Homes. Should we find evidence of smoking or vaping inside the property, the tenant will be liable for any cost associated with returning the home to a smokefree standard. All evidence of smoking outside the property must also be removed before departure.
- Abuse, including verbal or physical, of Hanmer Holiday Homes staff or the neighbours will not be tolerated.
- Use of illegal substances or conduct of illegal activities at the home is not permitted.
- Anything that could invalidate the insurance policy for the property is not permitted.
- Tampering with smoke alarms is not permitted.
- Cutting extra keys or obtaining remote door controls for the property is not permitted.
- Do not leave a fireplace, oven, or any other cooking appliance unattended.
- Bringing a pet onsite when unauthorised, or inside the home when the home only allows pets outside is not permitted.
Persons on Booking and Maximum Persons
It is our company policy to prohibit bookings made for groups of individuals who include anyone under 20 years of age (please note this does not include families with children under 20 years of age or groups of workers). Proof of age may be requested from any individual at any time and those unable to comply will be asked to vacate.
Please do not exceed the maximum number of occupants the property listing mentions on our website.
The person under which the booking is made, must be part of the group staying at the property, unless agreed in writing by the Hanmer Holiday Homes office. If you do not stay at the property during the booking but your guests do, you will be legally responsible for all your obligations under these Terms of Stay and your guest’s compliance with them.
We do not guarantee that the products and services that are listed in any of the homes will be continuous or fault free. Hanmer Holiday Homes will endeavour to repair/replace any faulty item, but given the limited services available in the village this may not always be immediately possible. Events beyond our control, such as poor weather, power cuts, or unforeseen electronic breakdowns, do not give the tenant the automatic entitlement to a discount, unless such event has prevented the tenant from being able to safely occupy the property altogether and Hanmer Holiday Homes are unable to relocate the tenant to a property of equal size and standard.
Allergies and Pests
While we endeavour to ensure that our homes are clean and healthy, we must point out some issues to consider if you are hyper-allergenic or concerned in any way:
- We live in an alpine village that is surrounded by woodland forests and waterways. This environment comes with an abundance of wildlife including mice, beetles, flies, moths etc, so the occurrence of these pests and critters is sometimes unavoidable.
- The best way to avoid any pests and insects bothering you during your stay is to avoid leaving any food products or biodegradable materials out and uncovered, always turn off any unnecessary lights in your home when you are not using them, close doors, windows and curtains before dusk and wipe all surfaces after use.
- Protect yourself and your family by making sure you use repellent where necessary and seek medical attention if a serious reaction occurs.
- Some of our homes are rated Pet Free. This does not necessarily mean a complete absence of animal hair/fur etc. So please contact our office staff to discuss your requirements.
Telephones are not available in the homes; however, we have excellent cell phone coverage and email/internet facilities are available in the village.
Many of the homes will not allow pets. It is essential for health reasons (i.e., allergies) that this is complied with. Should it be discovered that there is a breach of this condition in any property that prohibits pets then management reserves the right to evict the tenant (with no refund) and the tenant will be required to pay for the home to return to "pet free" status. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Full cleaning of the property at the published rate
- Steam cleaning of all upholstery
- Laundering of all bedding – duvets, blankets, pillows etc
- Stain and odour removal from floor coverings, curtains etc
In those homes that do allow pets, it is the tenant's responsibility to dispose of all faeces at the time of vacating the property. Should we find animal hair or odour inside the premise at the time of inspecting the home the tenant will be liable for any costs associated in remedial work required. The tenant is also liable for any damage caused by pets in the property during their stay.
Please note that where we state pets are welcome in a property, it does not necessarily mean the property has a fully fenced section. Please choose the "Fenced" option in our advanced search on our website should you require this.
As Hanmer Springs is located in an alpine setting, the weather can be changeable and unpredictable at times. When selecting a home please be aware that properties located on hillsides or down long driveways may be inaccessible at times during snowfall or ice. In winter, a 4WD is recommended and chains should also be carried. During winter the main roads are cleared quickly and there should be no need for concern, however, long driveways may not be cleared so you may want to leave your vehicle in the driveway as close to the road as possible. Do not park on the road during snowstorms as this prevents contractors from being able to clear the roads properly. Events like this do not last long and occur infrequently.
It is unlikely that a reduction or discount will be given when weather events occur unless the event has prevented access to the village.
While every care will be taken to retrieve lost items, Hanmer Holiday Homes will not be held accountable or responsible for items lost or left behind by tenants. A small collection fee may be charged if Hanmer Holiday Homes is requested to retrieve any items left behind by the tenant. Items will be held for a period of three months before being disposed of or donated to charity.
Reporting a Complaint
Reporting a complaint
Should you have any issues during your stay, you should notify us immediately by phoning 03-315 7336. We are available 24/7 for any urgent issues.
A Hanmer Holiday Homes gift voucher can be used to make purchases at Hanmer Holiday Homes (online, email, or phone call).
- Has no value until activated at the time of purchase by paying or part paying for a booking
- Expires 12 months from the date of purchase, at which time any outstanding balance loaded on the gift voucher will be forfeited
- Will be void if defaced, mutilated, altered, or damages in anyway
- Is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash
Hanmer Holiday Homes is not responsible for any lost or stolen gift vouchers and reserves the right to refuse to accept any gift voucher where it reasonable suspects that the gift voucher (or any amount on it) may have been stolen or otherwise illegally obtained.
Gift voucher balance can be checked by phoning or emailing Hanmer Holiday Homes at email@example.com.
Hanmer Holiday Homes reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions without notice.
Hanmer Holiday Homes will not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, or personal injury suffered in connection with the purchase or use of a gift voucher or any unforeseen voucher or system failure.
The purchase or use of a gift voucher implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Hanmer Holiday Homes.
All prices are charged in New Zealand currency.
Hanmer Holiday Homes is a New Zealand owned business.
Our failure or delay in exercising or enforcing any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these terms is found by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the Court should endeavour to give effect to the parties intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these terms remain in full force and effect.
Should you be asked to vacate the property early due to breach of these terms and conditions you will be liable for payment of the full period of time originally booked. Hanmer Holiday Homes reserves the right to cancel the booking where these Terms and Conditions are breached or when there is insufficient assurance that intending guests will comply with these Terms of Stay.
Changing These Terms and Giving Notices
We may change these terms, by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones, at any time. The change applies from the time it is published on our site. If we need to give you any notice, we can do this by emailing you at the last email address you have provided us. You are deemed to have received the email at the time the email leaves our server.